Use of rainwater and greywater in the home - Technical requirements
Contaminated rainwater and gray water must never be connected to the drinking water supply
Advantages of using rainwater and greywater
Rainwater and gray water containing dirt must not be connected to the drinking water supply with a line system. For this reason, separate lines must be installed to maintain drinking water quality.
However, many still speak in favor of using rain and gray water. Among other things the fact that the sewage charges are calculated in Germany after connected area to a public channel. Those who collect their rainwater save on wastewater charges.
The recycled rainwater is also referred to as service water and poses no health risk when used for toilet flushing, for example.
There are three types of rainwater systems today:
- systems with external storage
- Installations with interior storage
- Installations with storage tanks
The technical requirements include:
- the use of water only from suitable roof surfaces
- Fine filtering of the water before it enters the Storage tank
- lines as short and straight as possible
- Compliance with DIN 1986
- Securing the storage tank against dirt or water leakage
- Use of corrosion-resistant materials
- Temperatures around 18 ° C
- Light exclusion
- Exclusion of oxygen deficiency
- No connection of courtyard areas or balconies or terraces to prevent contamination
A rainwater use gsanlage should only be installed by specialists in this field, because only then the guarantee of drinking water purity is given. For long periods of dry or frosty periods when there is insufficient rainwater, additional drinking water must be fed into the system. This must be done while maintaining strict separation of drinking and rainwater. The water should generally be freed of coarse dirt, such as leaves, before it enters the pipes provided. Once the system has been connected, it must also be serviced regularly.
Installing the gutter: what does it cost?
We will answer these and many other questions in the price radar on the subject of the gutter.
Cleaning the gutter: what costs it?
These and many other questions we answer in the price radar around the topic gutter clean.
Roof cleaning: what does it cost?
These and many other questions we answer in the price radar around the topic of roof cleaning