To build a terrace - you should pay attention
A patio increases the dwelling value of the house, because it receives an open-air room. Many homeowners would like to grow - here careful planning helps.
Plan a terrace
A platform that is not firmly attached to the house and is connected to a living space at ground level is called Terrace. A balcony annex is connected to the house. If the ground level is at ground level to the house, it is sufficient to pave. If it is only slightly lower, the difference can be filled up with soil. If the floor is lower around the house, it is impossible to add a terrace. When planning, consider the following:
- Ask the Building Authority if a building permit is required for the terrace.
- Clarify if a railing is needed. That depends on the height above the ground and on the state.
- Questions, whether an extension to the conservatory is allowed.
- Is the construction height between 11 and 40 centimeters? - Concrete base required as a foundation, direct structure on the base.
- Is a structure between 40 and 100 centimeters required? - Multi-layered construction with lower beam required.
- Is the difference in level greater than 100 centimeters? - Stand construction required by a specialist.
- Determine the type of foundation - plastic or concrete? Concrete is necessary for non-load-bearing or uneven floors.
- Deciding on the type of substructure: A wooden terrace can usually be built by yourself.
Attach to the house
Depending on the substrate and construction height, a concrete mixer is required for foundation construction , To build the wooden terrace, a circular saw, hammer, spirit level, drill, cordless screwdriver, meter and pencil are required. Other aids are stakes, string and plastic wedges to align the slope. First, the construction height to determine exactly, then it goes to the construction. When installed with beams, two thick beams in the terrace width, which are located on the foundation, are necessary. Thereupon support beams are at a distance of the board measure. With direct construction on the foundation eliminates the beam beams. Expenses and costs depend on the height and size of the terrace.
- Stake the building site for the terrace.
- Stretch a line at the floor level of the house.
- Choose the floor covering to determine the height of the pavement
- Tighten the second line at the padding height below the first line.
- Measure the installation height - distance between floor and lower line.
- Determine foundation and substructure.
- Determine diameter, number and length of the beams , This depends on the selected timber and span.
- Consult your local dealer for the cost of the wood.
- Compact the floor and make the foundation in concrete.
- Place the beams and provide a slope away from the house with wedges.
- Install plank boards on the beams.
- Apply selected floor covering to the surface.
Select flooring for installation
Each weatherproof surface is suitable for a terrace. It is solely a question of personal taste, whether stone, tiles or wooden floors are used. With a suitable substructure, even stones can be laid on a wooden terrace. Possible construction of the floor:
- Lay the net on the planks for uncoupling.
- Apply a layer of concrete.
- Make a wreath.
- Fill sand in the resulting tub.
- Lay paving stones in the sand bed.
Have a terrace made by a professional
It is possible to grow the terrace with a handyman. The planning of a superstructure that is more than ten centimeters in the hands of a specialist.
Build a terrace: what does it cost?
These and many other questions we answer in our price radar around the theme of terrace
Building pergola: what does it cost?
These and many other questions we answer in our price radar around the subject of pergolas.
Creating a foundation: what does it cost?
These and many other questions we answer in the price radar around the topic of foundations.
Renovating the terrace: what does it cost?
We answer these and many other questions in the price radar around the topic of terrace renovation.
To grow a balcony: what does it cost?
These and many more
Rehabilitate the foundations: what does it cost?
We answer these and many other questions in the price radar around the topic of rehabilitation.