The Processing of Rolling Plaster Checklist
Rolling plaster is a kind of wall paint with granular components. Processing this plaster is almost as easy as painting with paint.
Tools and Aids to Work on Rolling Plaster
To make sure the work goes well, all tools should be within reach. The Rollputz, also called brushing plaster, can be painted or applied with a paint roller. The product of Alpenkalk can also be sprayed. For rolling you need a kurzflorige role, a thin role for plastering soffits and a scraper. For the painting a quast is necessary.
- Is there a large sponge?
- Is there a scraper and putty in the house?
- Is there a drill with agitator?
- Is there enough paint?
- Is there enough paint for the surface?
- If the plaster needs to be colored , also suitable for the product tinting color must be present.
- Prepare processing of rolling plaster
- Rolling plaster is a pure interior plaster and a wall paint similar. But there is a big difference to color. He is clearly heavier and not elastic. For this reason, the substrate must be level, load-bearing and non-sanding. Cracks and holes must be filled. By the way: The plaster can also be applied to a well-adhering wallpaper.
Lay out the room with cover foil.
Mask the door frame and window with a painter's crepe.
- If wallpaper is present, moisten it in several places.
- Check Whether the wallpaper curls or detaches from the wall.
- If wallpaper becomes detached from the test, remove wallpaper completely from wallpaper.
- Inspect wall for cracks and dowel holes.
- Fill pits with putty
- Check that the substrate is firm.
- Remove the plaster if necessary and apply new plaster.
- Apply a little water to test the absorbency.
- Highly absorbent or sanding surfaces before applying the primer with a primer paint.
- Paint walls with plaster
- Roll plaster is delivered in finished containers. It is usually not necessary to dilute it with water before processing. Only if the mass in the bucket is clearly too firm, you can carefully treat some water, never more than 250 ml per five kilograms.
Paint the walls with the priming paint.
After four hours, put the tinting paint into the bucket with rolling plaster if desired tinting.
- Stir with a drill and whisk until a uniform tone is obtained (stir uncolored plaster until it is creamy).
- If more buckets are needed, empty the contents of all buckets into a vat.
- Stir rolling plaster again until a uniform color is obtained.
- Moisten tassel or roller with water.
- Pick up the rolling plaster with the tool and wipe well on the mesh.
- Apply plaster in sections first vertically, then horizontally or roll
- Immediately press in structures.
- Remove the masking tape while the plaster is still soft.
- Plaster for a creative wall design
- Rolling plaster is particularly popular because it allows walls to be set very low can make different way. Color and texture effects are possible.