Repairing Facade Rendering - Checklist
The facade plaster serves to protect the masonry and must therefore always be free from damage. You can repair small damages in the plaster yourself.
General for facade plaster
Discolouration caused by mosses or algae, hollow spots or cracks are reasons to repair the facade plaster. In doing so, legal regulations must be observed: If you have to repair more than ten percent of the area of a building part, a complete renovation with thermal insulation is necessary. This is prescribed in the Energy Saving Ordinance (EnEV). Therefore, the scope of the work should first be estimated.
- Cleaning the facade plaster with a high-pressure cleaner.
- Examine the facade for plaster cracks.
- Mark the cracks with paint and place a small piece of gypsum five millimeters thick on top.
- Tap the façade with a hammering style to detect cavities.
- Remove complete plaster in the area of the cavity.
- Remove all loose areas.
- If possible, photograph the entire wall.
- Wall surface and the wall Determine the area of all damaged areas
- Divide the wall surface by the area of the damaged areas
Repairing the damage
If the result of the calculation is less than ten, thermal insulation must be carried out, if greater or equal, repair is allowed , The measures can only start one month after the loss has been taken. The plaster is an indicator of whether the crack is resting or still changing. If the plaster shows cracks on the crack after one month, a special elastic putty must be used, otherwise normal putty for outdoor use can be used.
- Get suitable plaster for the plaster used.
- Paint all damaged areas with the plaster base.
- Apply another coat of paint on heavily absorbent surfaces.
- Completely seal cracks and small damaged areas with the filler
- Fill up larger holes with the appropriate flush-mounting up to about three-quarters.
- After drying, fill with fine plaster .
- Once everything is dry, paint repaired areas with facade paint. Important: Do not paint the entire wall, as otherwise thermal insulation may be necessary.
Regularly check the plaster
Façade renderings should be inspected completely for damage every two years. These must be remedied immediately in order to avoid consequential damage.
Delete the façade: what does it cost?
We will answer these and many other questions in the price radar dealing with the topic of the facade.
Exterior plastering: what does it cost?
We answer these and many other questions in the price radar on the subject of exterior facades.
Water repellency: what does it cost?
These and many other questions we answer in our price radar around the subject of water repellence.