Coloring a garden shed - Checklist
Before you can paint a garden shed in color, depending on Substrate condition various preparatory work necessary.
Painting untreated garden house
A garden house made of untreated wood will, over time, turn gray, paler or mold. In order to protect a wooden house from it, it can be treated with suitable wood preservatives. In advance, a primer should be used. If you want to paint the garden house with colored paint, you should use open-pored colors and glazes.
- A new wooden garden house is pretreated with a wood base, which protects against blue and fungal attack.
- The surface is first cleaned of dirt with a broom
- If the primer has dried, a colored glaze can be applied.
- For the first coat, three coats of thin-layer glaze penetrating deeply into the wood are recommended.
- After each intermediate coat, the surface is sanded with medium grain sandpaper
- This makes the surface nicely smooth, which ensures an optimal result.
- The glaze is always applied in the direction of the grain with a special glaze brush.
- Glaze brushes are splitted at the tip, which ensures smooth application and consistent protection
- The top coat remains untreated
|Garden sheds: Home in the green To the gallery >>||Garden sheds: Home in the Grünen To the gallery >>||Garden houses: A home in the country To the gallery >>||Garden houses: A home in the country To the gallery >>||Garden houses: A home in the country Zur Gallery >>||Garden Houses: Home in the Green To the Gallery >>||Garden Houses: Home in the Green To the Gallery >>|
Old Laub Shaped Color
Not only new, but also older Garden sheds need a renovation coat from time to time. However, you must first prepare the surface.
More about Painting a garden shed: The right color for every surface>
Repaint the wooden window - Checklist>
Swipe out garage doors - Checklist>
Paint wood weatherproof - Interesting facts>
Painting garden furniture - step by step>
- The garden gazebo must be thoroughly cleaned
- Depending on the degree of soiling, brooms, wire brushes and high-pressure cleaners
- are then used to apply old paint with a sanding block, a grinding machine or steel wool removed
- Afterwards the sanding dust is rubbed thoroughly
- Foil is laid around the garden house so that the paint does not seep into the ground
- Then you can paint the shed twice with wood primer
- Through the wood primer is the garden shed optimally protected, in addition, the subsequent paint application is better
- After drying, a colored weatherproof paint can be applied
- Die Color should match the style of the garden and garden furniture
- An idea for the design is the color combination red and white Scandinavian style
- The paint should dry well, followed by a second job
- It is made with a soft flat brush or a foam roller applied evenly
Before painting, the surface of the garden shed must be thoroughly prepared. Between the individual paint jobs, the drying time is adhered to according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Building a garden house: what does it cost?more
We answer these and many other questions in our price radar around the topic of building garden sheds.
Building a bicycle shelter: what does it cost?
We answer these and many other questions in the price radar around the subject of bicycle shelters.
Building a slide: what does it cost?
We answer these and many other questions in the price radar around the topic of slides.
Building a swing: what does it cost?
We answer these and many other questions in price radar Building the Swing Theme.
Building a sandbox: what does it cost?
We answer these and many other questions in the price radar around sandbox construction.