Laying wooden tiles on the terrace - Checklist
Laying wooden tiles on the terrace is not as difficult as one might think. Only soft flooring requires further measures.
Preparing flooring for wooden tiles
If flat flooring such as concrete or screed is present on the terrace, the wooden tiles can be laid over it. If the ground is soft and uneven, a substructure of gravel and stretcher is necessary. The gravel ensures that the water can seep away. As a result, the support beam and frame construction securely holds the wood tiles and straightens the unevenness.
- Before laying, measure the planned laying area and determine the required square meter (length x width).
- For soft ground - for example turf - lift the soft ground
- Install a slight slope to the garden side so that water can drain off.
- Build a wooden slat frame.
- Cut and screw the wooden beams with waterproof coating to match the frame.
- For solid ground, the floor
- Buy timber flooring with substructure as a click system with 10 percent more than the calculated square footage.
- Include possible waste when purchasing.
Lay wooden deck
Tiles made of wood are easiest to lay if you want to Substructure with click system have. It allows the floating construction of the wooden beams. It ensures that the wood is not softened by a wet floor and that the entire structure is broken.
More about wooden lavatories on the terrace: Overview of decking installation>
Types of wood for the terrace - an overview >
Wood Tiles for the Balcony - Help with Choosing>
Balcony and Terrace Floors in a Natural Look>
Reshaping the Terrace>
Creating a Wooden Deck: What Does It Cost?
Answer these and many more questions in our price radar around the topic of wooden terraces.
- First, lay out wood tiles on the entire surface.
- If necessary, cut edge tiles.
- Cut the substructure of the wood tiles to unevenness.
- Place wooden tiles in each other and carefully tap them.
- For a firm hold, attach edge tiles made of wooden frame or concrete frame.
- After installing the wooden terrace, treat the wood with waterproof lacquer and dry thoroughly
- Clean wooden decking normally
Wooden terrace with click system ensures safe water drainage
The construction of a wooden terrace with click system allows for good water drainage. In addition, unevenness can be easily compensated.
How much does tiling cost?more
We answer these and many other questions on our topic page about working with tiles!
Seal a balcony: what does it cost?
These and many other questions we answer in our price radar around the topic of the balcony.
Renovate the terrace: what does it cost?
These and many other questions we answer in the price radar around the theme of renovating the terrace.
Balcony rehabilitate: what does it cost?
These and many other questions we answer in the price radar around the topic of renovating the balcony