Creating an Open Kitchen - Checklist
For many, an open kitchen symbolizes the ideal of convivial family life. Anyone who wants to design such a kitchen, however, must pay a lot of attention.
The rough planning
Just like classic kitchens, open kitchens are also freely plannable. Depending on the layout of the rooms, countless different shapes can be realized.
- Checking the position of the connections: For kitchen islands, it is always necessary to lay the pipes.
- For a stove on the island or a protruding counter, a cooker hood is recommended
- Planning a visual separation between the kitchen and the living area.
- In the living area, choose upholstered furniture that is easy to clean. Kitchen deposits can be easily removed.
- Decision between kitchen island and dining or work counter: Should the kitchen appliances in the center of the room or not?
- use windows and ceiling lights as direction for the work surfaces.
- Own habits in the kitchen with to compare the plans. Can the usual way of working be maintained?
Designing the open kitchen
If all future users of the open kitchen agree on wishes and concerns, the detailed planning can begin.
- Determine space requirements for kitchen utensils. This gives you an idea of the number of cabinets.
- Measure the intended space and check the available area. When the cabinets are open, a person still has to be able to pass between the cabinet doors.
- When laying the water connections, remember that space is lost if the pipes are not laid under plaster.
- Are connections directed to the center of the room or A door has to be fitted past a door, so a new floor must also be planned.
- In a kitchen, upholstered furniture can usually also be seen from the back, which should be taken into consideration.
- In open kitchens, a dishwasher is a blessing: Dirty Dishes can be cleared out of sight more easily. An additional organizing aid is a two-piece sink.
- Seats at the kitchen counter make social gathering possible right from the start. You may also be able to replace the classic dining table.
- The color coordination between kitchen and living area is important. A clear distinction is central to a harmonious image.
Installing the kitchen: what does it cost?
We answer these and many other questions in our price radar on the subject of kitchens.
Cut the worktop: what does it cost?
We answer these and many other questions in the price radar around worktops.
Building a dining table: what does it cost?
We answer these and many other questions in the price radar around the topic of dining tables.
Core drilling Extractor hood: what does it cost?
These and many other questions we answer in the price radar around the topic of core hole.
Install worktop: what does it cost?
These and many other questions we answer in the price radar around the subject Install worktop.