Cleaning the gutter - you should pay attention to this
A lot of dirt is deposited in gutters. A homeowner can not help himself to cleaning. But with the right tips, that's done quickly.
Cleaning the gutters - notes
The cleaning of rain gutters is a legal requirement for homeowners. Only in this way can it be ensured that rainwater runs off and there is no risk of flooding. A poorly cleaned gutter leads to damage to the facade and, in the worst case, the flooding of residential buildings. Therefore, it says: Rauf on the ladder and ran to clean. Note the following points:
- Use old hand brushes to sweep leaves out.
- Do not put debris in the down pipe.
- Fasten ladder well.
- Keep hands and shoes in danger of slipping.
- Periodically clean, then the gutter does not clog up.
- Do not just clean in the fall.
Tips for gutter cleaning - Plastic bottle and leaf protection
The gutter cleaning consists on the one hand of the removal of coarse dirt. The second step is followed by a rinse, which dissolves small dirt deposits. A few tips will help to clean the gutter as quickly and easily as possible. For this, the homeowner may, for example, use a sieve and a plastic bottle for this purpose.
- Attach the sieve to the downpipe, prevent blockages.
- Cut the plastic bottle in half, punch the lower half and use it as a scoop for the gutter.
- To protect the gutter Do not sweep the façade too close to the wall.
- Then rinse the gutter with the garden hose or high-pressure cleaner. Keep the sieve firmly on the downpipe.
- When flushing, do not work on the façade.
- After cleaning, rinse the downpipe with a high-pressure cleaner. This prevents clogging.
- Facilitate future gutter cleaning on the gutter.
- With the grille installed, remove coarse dirt by hand, remove the grille, rinse off the floor, and re-attach.
Clogged downpipe - this is to be done
If leaves or dirt have clogged the downpipe of rain gutters, then the cleaning becomes more complicated.
- Open the downpipe drain just above the floor.
- Insert the pipe cleaning spiral from above as straight as possible into the pipe so that it will not be damaged.
- Spiral at the Turn in.
- Insert to the lower end of the downpipe. Only in this way does the dissolved dirt reach the sewage system.
- Rinse thoroughly with a high-pressure cleaner to prevent repeated blockage.
When cleaning the gutter, do not forget the downpipe
When cleaning the gutter, the downpipe should always be the center of attention.
Installing the gutter: what does it cost?
We answer these and many other questions in the price radar around the topic gutter.
Cleaning the gutter: what does it cost?
These and many other questions we answer in the price radar around the topic gutter cleaning.