Building a Tree House - Checklist
Building a tree house of your own is the dream of many children. It fulfills the need for fantasy and excitement, but also provides a retreat.
In which tree to build a tree house?
The trees must be fully grown and perfectly healthy. With rotten branches or bald spots the tree is unsuitable. Brittle species like birches and poplars are out of the question.
- Perfect trees: pines, beeches, maples, oaks and strong apple and pear trees.
- Is there enough room in the crown for a tree house?
- Are the branches bulging? and strong enough to carry a house?
- Do not plan higher than two meters.
- Create a blueprint.
It's all about the right material
Parents as builders and architects should look for lightweight materials wherever possible
- Spread the weight over several branches.
- Build the tree house from light materials.
- For roof and walls Use weatherproof plywood.
- Protect the construction from wet with roofing felt.
- Install sturdy diagonal braces for support.
- Protect for the tree
Even a tree responds to stress and becomes sick when large branches are removed and screws are screwed into it
Cushion the base plates with felt or rubber.
- Chafing causes rotten bacteria.
- Avoid using screws and nails.
- Insert stainless screws and nails.
- Better: Sisal or hemp ropes for fastening.
- Do not saw off too many branches.
- Is the tree right for the treehouse?
The solution may be a stilt house. If there is no tree at all, the stake house is simply set up like a free-standing hunter stand.
Embed the posts about 60 centimeters deep into the ground.
- Is the tree hovering more than a meter above the ground?
- 70 centimeters high railing
- Fix a sturdy ladder with handrail at a 60-degree angle.
- Sprinkle enough bark mulch or sand under the stairs. This guarantees the children a soft landing.
- Keeping an eye on the treehouse
Trust is good - control better. Parents should inspect a tree house every year for damaged areas so that children can enjoy it for a long time.
Dispose of roofing paper: what does it cost?
We answer these and many other questions in the price radar around the topic of roofing felt.
Building a bike shelter: what does it cost?
These and many other questions we answer in the price radar around the subject of bicycle shelter.
Build a slide: what does it cost?
These and many other questions we answer in the price radar around the Building a Slide.
Building a Swing: What Does It Cost?
These and many other questions we answer in the price radar around the topic of building a swing.
Building Sandkastenl: what does it cost?
These and many more We answer questions in the price radar around the topic of building sandbox.