Building a Carport Roof - Checklist
The roof is the most important element of a carport. Statics, shape and material must therefore be considered carefully before DIY.
Robust and beautiful - materials for the roof
In winter, it keeps snow out of the car. In the fall leaves it leaves. In the spring, it protects against sleet and in summer against the burning sun. Since the carport roof is exposed to all weather, you have to build it from durable material and in a sustainable way. As materials come, for example, PVC, Plexiglas, aluminum or corrugated iron in question. Shapes can be chosen from flat roof to pitched roof.
- Question of sustainability: Corrugated sheet metal or aluminum for robustness, but consider noise in rainy weather.
- Question of money: Save money with PVC.
- Question of stability: When buying materials pay attention to load capacity.
- Question of statics: Simplest construction with flat roof shape.
- Question of the optics: Observe harmony with the roof of the house.
|Carport, but how? A construction manual in pictures To the gallery >>||Carport, but how? A construction manual in pictures To the gallery >>||Carport, but how? A construction manual in pictures To the gallery >>||Carport, but how? A construction manual in pictures To the gallery >>||Carport, but how? A construction manual in pictures To the gallery >>||Carport, but how? A construction manual in pictures To the gallery >>||Carport, but how? A construction manual in pictures To the gallery >>|
Rainproof and statically considered - build rafter construction
When the do-it-yourselfer has decided on a roof form, construction begins. Depending on the size of the carport, he attaches several impregnated rafters to the posts of the substructure, on which he can attach the roof. The rafters must be statically stable.
- For maximum stability and weather resistance, select rafters made of oak.
- Lay out the number of rafters after calculating the statics.
- Use angle iron for screwing the rafters.
- Insert box gutter for drainage.
- Prepare two central rafters for installation of the box channel.
- Equip drainage rafters with profile filler.
- When approaching the house: Protect adjoining facade by carcass transition to the carport.
Carport construction: what does it cost?more
These and many other questions we answer on our carport themed page.
Roof covers on the carport - Solar solutions and greening as a little extra
Is the rafter frame screwed down? Corrugated sheet, PVC, Plexiglas or aluminum covers in overlapping tracks. For modern carport roofs a simple cover but often not enough. The roof is responsible for a number of additional tasks: carport owners are particularly likely to opt for solar solutions or greenery.
- Select a PVC flat roof as a form
- Consider the load of solar modules or plants for structural calculation
- Align solar roofs to the south for maximum efficiency
- Do not ignore the care required when the carport roof is green
- Secure all roof elements well. Loose elements are dangers in severe weather.
- Consider drainage area and angle inclination when installing.
Nice and functional carport roof - inexpensive and inexpensive
A do-it-yourself constructs a simple carport flat roof without extras in one day. At € 20 to € 30 per square meter, building is also relatively cheap.
Sealing flat roofs: what does it cost?
These and many other questions we answer in our price radar around the topic of flat roofs.
Insulating flat roofs: what does it cost?
These and many other questions we answer in the price radar around the topic flat roof insulation.
Laying the trapezoidal sheet: what does it cost?
These and many other questions we answer in the price radar relating to the topic of trapezoidal sheet metal.
Roof damage repair: what does it cost?
We answer these and many other questions in the price radar to repair the topic of roof damage.