Barrier-free Living - Stylish and Modern Home Decor
Anyone who thinks that barrier-free living would be a thing for older people is one of yesterday's! Barrier-free living today is stylish, modern - and, above all, rather hip.
This is barrier-free living today: stylish and stylish
living spaces are barrier-free if they meet the increased demands of older people or people with disabilities. An accessible interior arm to obstacles. But accessibility is more! Today, barrier-free living can be both visually appealing and functional at the same time - making it a trend for the younger generation.
Living without pitfalls: how to minimize the risk of accidents
Living quality is a question of personal safety and comfort and ambience. Freedom of movement and the elimination of annoying pitfalls is particularly crucial in old age, but all generations benefit from it. B> Barriers are everywhere: access to the house, stairs, doors and windows, bathroom and toilet, kitchen, bedroom and living room. The components of barrier-free living are therefore:
wide and sleeper-free doors
- ample freedom of movement
- non-slip floor covering
- sufficient lighting
- Easy access to light switches, sockets and all furnishings
- Room for room barrier-free: elegant solutions for young and old
Making every room barrier-free:
The bathroom - functional and safe at the same time
- Functional and trendy are floor-level showers, height-adjustable washbasins with side storage areas. Entry-level aids and grip-proof handholds can then be retrofitted in the bathroom at any time. From the outset, your bathroom should have plenty of freedom of movement and a non-slip floor!
The kitchen - practical and comfortable
- Freedom of movement is also essential here. You can reach this with a height-adjustable or mobile kitchen device. Also useful are glass shelves in cabinets. From every perspective you can see what is where.
Balcony and terrace - easy access is everything
- Avoid stumbling blocks and opt for threshold-free transitions here as well. Accidents can also be avoided by sufficient lighting and sufficient space.
Stairs - no problem with stairlifts
- One solution to this obstacle is comfortable stairlifts. Stairlifts meanwhile can be tailored precisely to the respective staircase. If possible, plan rooms such as bathroom, living room and bedroom plan on the ground floor, so you do not have to use stairs in the old age too often and also get along well on the ground floor. Or plan a ground-level house construction in the bungalow style.
Walk-in and drive-in wardrobes - more than luxury
- Only the cliché of a woman-only thing: fold-out clothes rails, sliding doors and pull-out compartments make every wardrobe barrier-free.
Planning - and financing: a future-proof interior is worth
Invest in your future and create a cozy and modern home without barriers. If you plan ahead of time, save the alteration work in old age - so the cost! So be sure to get advice from professionals in advance. Financial support for modernization can be obtained from KfW (Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau). If suitable conditions are met, you can receive low-interest KfW loans or grants after the application has been submitted.